The Knavesmire Travel Group Ltd t/a African Pride takes your privacy seriously. We are committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation and keeping your personal information safe and secure. In order to service your enquiry and booking it is necessary that we collect personal information from you and this policy explains how we use this information after it has been collected whether this be by telephone, email, our website, in writing or any other means both now and in the future.
What information do we collect?
Any or all of the following information may be collected in our dealings with you and other members of your party:
- Names, contact & address details e.g. telephone number, home address and email address; passport & travel insurance details; frequent flyer & loyalty card numbers
- Payment card details e.g. card name & number, commencement & expiry dates, cardholder name, CVV code
- Special requests and requirements e.g. disability, mobility or medical & health conditions which may have an impact on the accommodation and arrangements suggested to you
- Interests, preferences and special occasions e.g. photography, low floor rooms and wedding anniversaries
- Dietary requirements e.g. vegetarian, lactose free (please note – some dietary requirements may disclose or be an indication of religious beliefs or medical conditions)
- Additional unspecified information as deemed necessary to process your enquiry and booking
All information is collected to provide you and your party with the arrangements as booked, to cater to your needs or act in your interest. We will only collect, use and store such data on the implicit understanding that we have your consent as per our terms and conditions and it will only be collected when and where necessary.
How will the information be collected?
Your personal information is only collected by us to service your enquiry and booking and when needed such as:
- When you contact us by any method and provide such data;
- When you request a quotation or make a booking with us;
- When you agree to be contacted for marketing purposes;
- When you respond to a marketing or promotional item;
- When you open a trading facility with us;
- When we use website cookies (refer separately to our Cookies Policy)
How do we use and store your data?
- Your name, address and credit card details and all other necessary data will be used to complete your booking with us
- Your details will be used to process your booking, to contact you with relevant notifications and to liaise with you before during and after your holiday as needed. Should you not disclose certain necessary data it may not be possible to process and accept your booking request
- It is necessary that in order to process, provide and complete your booking that some relevant data will have to be disclosed to our partners and providers of the services that constitute your booking, the majority of whom will be located outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area. It may also be necessary to disclose some information to third parties such as credit card merchant providers or other services
- Should we be required to do so by law, it may be necessary to provide some information when such a request is made by a legal authority with jurisdiction in the UK
- We may also disclose information to organisations who act as data processors on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA.
- We may from time to time contact you with information such as brochures, newsletters, special offers or other related matters and we will only do so in carrying out the normal activity of our business. Should you subsequently not wish to receive such information, you may ask us at any time to delete your contact details from our marketing database and we will cease from contacting you further other than for the processing of an enquiry or booking or a related after sale customer service matter
- You may request at any time to see what personal data we hold on you. Should you do so this should be by telephone, email or in writing to us and we will respond within 21 days of your request
- We will not pass on your details to any party other than those required to fulfil the services and products that form part of your quotation or booking
- We will store your data in a secure way and safeguard access and use. Data as required by law will be retained for the statutory period with other data deleted at the end of the sixth month following your return from your holiday
- Should we be acquired, or attempt to be acquired, by another company or third party, we may need to provide and share all data as part of the acquisition and due diligence process
- Whilst we have taken all reasonable steps to implement the necessary security measures to protect your information, countries outside the European Economic Area may have controls on data protection that may not be as comprehensive and secure as our own legislative requirements in this country. We advise our supplier partners of the situation as applicable in the UK and expect them to treat any of your data they obtain from us with respect and in a secure way. However, we cannot be responsible for ensuring this. The sending of data via email or other methods is never 100% secure. In this regard we exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission or misused buy a supplier partner
How may I learn more and how do I opt-out?
Content Management System (CMS)
Our website is built in a CMS, cookies are essential to determine whether a user is a guest, or, an admin. Cookies set by our CMS
This website uses Hotjar to to help analyse how users use the site.
For more info about Hotjar privacy please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
You can opt out of Hotjar tracking by visiting: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out