- Fly Drive Itinerary - ‘Classic South Africa’
- Fly Drive Itinerary - ‘Family’
- Fly Drive Itinerary - ‘A Culinary Adventure’
- Private Tour - ‘Honeymoon with Mauritius’
- Private Tour - ‘Cape Town, Victoria Falls & Safari’
- Rail - ‘The Blue Train’
- Small Group Tour - ‘South Africa Panorama’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Garden Route’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Memories of Madiba’
- South Africa Experiences - ‘Kruger Under Canvas’
- Small Group Tour - ‘KwaZulu Natal’
- Fly Drive Itinerary - ‘A Taste of KwaZulu-Natal’
- Rail - ‘Rovos Rail’
- Rail - ‘Shongololo Express’
- Cape Town - Waterfront
- Cape Town - City Bowl
- Cape Town - Coast
- Cape Town - Suburbs
- West Coast & Cederberg
- Hermanus & Overberg
- Klein Karoo
- Garden Route
- Eastern Cape - Beaches
- Eastern Cape - Game
- Eastern Cape - Wild Coast
- KwaZulu Natal - Durban & Dolphin Coast
- KwaZulu Natal - Midlands
- KwaZulu Natal - Drakensberg
- KwaZulu Natal - Battlefields
- KwaZulu Natal - Game
- KwaZulu Natal - Elephant Coast
- Kruger - Sabi Sand
- Kruger - Other Areas
- Pilanesberg & Sun City
- Johannesburg & Pretoria
Mountains | Battlefields | Wildlife - Small Group Tour
A 7-day escorted tour from Durban showcasing some of the highlights of KwaZulu-Natal, taking in the Drakensberg Mountains, the Battlefields and safari. The tour operates on set departure dates throughout the year and is escorted by a driver/guide throughout.
Depart Durban and travel inland to Pietermaritzburg where you will enjoy a brief city tour before continuing through the beautiful Natal Midlands, with a stop at the Mandela monument at Howick, marking the sire where the late former President was captured in 1962. The journey continues into Drakensberg Mountains and to Champagne Castle Hotel, or similar, for a 2 night stay (half board).
Today is dedicated to enjoying the magnificent scenery on offer in the Drakensberg Mountains and the cultural significance of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. A visit to the caves at Giant's Castle is included.
After breakfast make your way to the summit of Spionkop Mountain where your guide will bring to life the events of the Anglo-Boer 9-day battle in January 1990. Continue on to Ladysmith for a visit of the Siege Museum then on to Rorke's Drift Hotel, or similar, for a 2 night stay (half board).
Today you will explore two of KwaZulu-Natal's most famous battlefield sites, Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift.
Travel east to Hluhluwe where you will complete your tour with an African safari. 2 nights at Falaza Game Lodge & Spa, or similar (full board).
Start the day with an early morning game drive and finish it with either another open vehicle game drive or a leisurely sundowner cruise on the St Lucia wetlands.
A final game drive before breakfast and the journey back along the Elephant Coast to Durban for your onward travel arrangements.
Prices start from £1670 per person (based on 2 sharing)