- Tailor Made Self-Drive - ‘Classic South Africa’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘The Honeymoon’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘City Life, Nature & Safari’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘Kruger & the Land of the Giants’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Walking Safari’
- Self Drive - ‘Family Adventure’
- Small Group Tour - ‘South Africa - The Grand Tour’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Garden Route Uncovered’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Kruger & KwaZulu Natal’
- Small Group Tour - ‘A Taste of KwaZulu-Natal’
- Self Drive - ‘Cape Town, Winelands, Cederberg & Paternoster’
- Tailor Made Self-Drive - ‘Cape Town, Whales, Safari and Winelands’
- Self Drive Itinerary - ‘KwaZulu-Natal in a Nutshell’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘Bush & Beach’
- Tailor Made Self-Drive ‘KwaZulu-Natal Explorer’
- Fly Drive Itinerary - ‘A Culinary Adventure’
- Fly Drive Itinerary - ‘The Best of KwaZulu-Natal’
- Private Tour - ‘Honeymoon with Mauritius’
- Explore Mandela’s South Africa
- Rail - ‘The Blue Train’
- Rail - ‘Rovos Rail’
- Rail - ‘Shongololo Express’
- South Africa Experiences - ‘Kruger Under Canvas’
- Cape Town - Waterfront
- Cape Town - City Bowl
- Cape Town - Coast
- Cape Town - Suburbs
- West Coast & Cederberg
- Hermanus & Overberg
- Klein Karoo
- Garden Route
- Eastern Cape - Beaches
- Eastern Cape - Game
- Eastern Cape - Wild Coast
- KwaZulu Natal - Durban & Dolphin Coast
- KwaZulu Natal - Midlands
- KwaZulu Natal - Drakensberg
- KwaZulu Natal - Battlefields
- KwaZulu Natal - Game
- KwaZulu Natal - Elephant Coast
- Kruger - Sabi Sand
- Kruger - Other Areas
- Pilanesberg & Sun City
- Johannesburg & Pretoria
Explore Mandela's South Africa
This itinerary has been created to explore the places that played a large part in the life of Nelson Mandela or 'Madiba' as he is affectionately known across the world.
Evening flight from Heathrow
Arrive in Johannesburg and settle into your hotel - Hallmark House, in the vibrant neighbourhood of Maboneng for a 3 night stay on a bed & breakfast basis.
Hallmark's restaurant serves excellent fusion cuisine, The Marabi Jazz Club serves tapas style food or the surrounding Maboneng area has a thriving restaurant scene.
Visit the Apartheid Museum for a Private Half Day Tour.
Begin your journey with a brief visit to downtown Johannesburg where you'll head to the tallest building in Africa - the 50 storey Carlton Tower, for a bird's eye view of the city and introduction to its history.
Continue to the Apartheid Museum which illustrates the rise and fall of apartheid in South Africa.
Soweto by Bicycle Private Half Day Tour
Explore Soweto by bike on a 2 hour eco-friendly cycling adventure around the township, getting to know the different communities and its history.
You will cycle down Vilakazi Street where Nelson Mandela used to live and where Bishop Desmond Tutu has his home.
Lunch is included - a Sowetan 'bunny chow'.
Take a private transfer to the airport for your flight to Cape Town.
Arrive in Cape Town and settle into your hotel the Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel, at the foot of Table Mountain for your 4 night stay on a bed and breakfast basis.
Cloud 9 boasts 3 on-site restaurants, an art gallery, sauna, fitness centre, luxurious spa, plunge pool and jacuzzi. Sundowners can be enjoyed from the rooftop bar with panoramic views of the city and Table Mountain.
Robben Island Excursion
This intriguing excursion begins at the Clock Tower, also know as the Nelson Mandela Gateway in the V & A Waterfront for your ferry departure to Robben Island. It became world famous as the prison where Nelson Mandela was held for 18 years.
Today it is a World Heritage Site, where you will be joined by a local guide, someone who spent time there during the Apartheid years and is able to give a personal and often moving account of the experience. You will also see the cell where Nelson Mandela spent a large part of his life.
Mandela in Cape Town. From Prisoner to President. Private Tour
Robben Island is the Cape Town location that most people associate with Mandela. But Cape Town has a captivating story to tell about the significant and secretive meetings that led to the surprise release of Mandela and the unbanning of the ANC in February in 1990.
This 2.5 hour walk, covering around 2km of the historic and cultural heart of Cape Town, is rich in elements of human drama with key players being a president, a chief of prison, a spy and a prisoner.
Explore Cape Town at your own leisure.
Transfer to the airport for your flight back to the UK. Alternatively, if you wish to extend your tour with a safari, beach option, or other African or Indian Ocean travel, the African Pride team will be delighted to help.
This itinerary is a sample to give you a flavour of the Mandela Experience you could enjoy in South Africa. It can be personalised for your own requirements.
For your personalised quotation on any of the above itineraries, please contact the African Pride team on 01904 619428 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org