- Tailor Made Self-Drive - ‘Classic South Africa’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘The Honeymoon’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘City Life, Nature & Safari’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘Kruger & the Land of the Giants’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Walking Safari’
- Self Drive - ‘Family Adventure’
- Small Group Tour - ‘South Africa - The Grand Tour’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Garden Route Uncovered’
- Small Group Tour - ‘Kruger & KwaZulu Natal’
- Small Group Tour - ‘A Taste of KwaZulu-Natal’
- Self Drive - ‘Cape Town, Winelands, Cederberg & Paternoster’
- Tailor Made Self-Drive - ‘Cape Town, Whales, Safari and Winelands’
- Self Drive Itinerary - ‘KwaZulu-Natal in a Nutshell’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘Bush & Beach’
- Tailor Made Self-Drive ‘KwaZulu-Natal Explorer’
- Explore Mandela’s South Africa
- Rail - ‘The Blue Train’
- Rail - ‘Rovos Rail’
- Rail - ‘Shongololo Express’
- Tailor Made Fly-In - ‘Cape Town, Kruger & Beach’
- Cape Town - Waterfront
- Cape Town - City Bowl
- Cape Town - Coast
- Cape Town - Suburbs
- West Coast & Cederberg
- Hermanus & Overberg
- Klein Karoo
- Garden Route
- Eastern Cape - Beaches
- Eastern Cape - Game
- Eastern Cape - Wild Coast
- KwaZulu Natal - Durban & Dolphin Coast
- KwaZulu Natal - Midlands
- KwaZulu Natal - Drakensberg
- KwaZulu Natal - Battlefields
- KwaZulu Natal - Game
- KwaZulu Natal - Elephant Coast
- Kruger - Sabi Sand
- Kruger - Other Areas
- Pilanesberg & Sun City
- Johannesburg & Pretoria
Classic South Africa - Self-Drive
This tailor made self-drive itinerary is especially popular with first time visitors to South Africa as it combines some of the country's top attractions - Cape Town, the Winelands, the Garden Route and a game safari, travelling through non-malarial areas throughout. This itinerary can be enjoyed exactly as described or it can be adjusted at any point. You can choose from guesthouse style accommodation or top grade hotels depending on your taste and budget, the below are simply suggestions.
Holiday Highlights * Cape Town * Winelands * Cango Caves * Garden Route * Plettenberg Bay * Safari
Arrive in Cape Town and transfer to your hotel for a stay of 4 nights.
At leisure in Cape Town. There’s much to explore in this beautiful city. Table Mountain is a must and we are sure you’ll want to explore the shops, arts and crafts, entertainment and food halls at the V&A Waterfront. We have an extensive range of day trips which we recommend booking in advance.
We will arrange for a car to be delivered to your hotel, then set off for a couple of nights in the Winelands. Franschhoek is a picturesque village and a popular place to stay. Stellenbosch is worth exploring and there are numerous wine estates to stop off at en route. We think the wine tram is a fun way to sample the local wines. Drive time approx. 1 hour.
It’s a scenic drive across the Franschhoek Pass through Robertson and Montagu to Oudtshoorn for a 2 night stay. This little town is famous for its ostrich farms and the Cango Caves are spectacular. Drive time approx. 4½ hours.
Cross the Outeniqua Pass and head to the coast for your drive along the famed Garden Route. The coastal drive will take you through Wilderness and Knysna to Plettenberg Bay for a 3 night stay. There’s plenty to do, from nature walks and zip wires in Tsitsikamma Forest to whale watching boat trips and dinner cruises on the Knysna Lagoon. Drive time approx. 2½ hours.
Drive to Port Elizabeth, drop your car off and we’ll arrange a transfer to your Eastern Cape game reserve for a wonderful 3 days on safari. Drive time approx. 2½ hours.
Enjoy your final game drive and breakfast before continuing your holiday in Africa or transferring to Port Elizabeth for an onward flight.
This is a sample itinerary which can be personalised for your requirements. The accommodation choices are up to you – we will happily make recommendations, based on your preferences and our personal experiences.
For your personalised quotation, please contact the African Pride team on 01904 619428 or email: email@example.com
See page 18 of the African Pride 2020-21 brochure